The venue for the 16th ConTEXt meeting is a youth hostel owned by the Protestant church, looking over a village in the scenic Westerwald region, between Frankfurt/Main and Cologne.
The website is only in German, but you get an impression. We will only single-book the bunk beds.
For travel advice within and to the EU, there is Reopen EU. Selecting 'Travel Plan' is the easiest way to get detailed information.
For travellers from outside of the EU, there is The UNWTO/IATA Destination Tracker.
Am Rittersmorgen, 57629 Dreifelden, Germany
View bigger map
Like in previous years, we will try to arrange pickups for people that do not come by car. Suggested pickup locations can be proposed by emailing Hraban (Frankfurt or Cologne/Bonn airports are obvious, and so are the ICE train stations in the neighbourhood: Montabaur and Limburg Süd).
- From Frankfurt airport or Cologne (Köln/Bonn) airport
- please use the ICE train to Limburg Süd or Montabaur, the stations are directly at the airports.
- By public transport
- Have someone pick you up from Montabaur or Limburg Süd, otherwise you’ll spend ~2h in slow trains and still need pickup.
- Nearest train stations are Hachenburg and Rotenhain, try this only if you want to enjoy the landscape.
- There is a bus service to Dreifelden from Hachenburg, but it’s irregular (apparently just meant for students). From Rotenhain you can have a nice hike through the woods (5 km).
- By car
- Set your navi to “Birkenweg, Dreifelden” and continue uphill (geo:50.58708,7.84218).
- There are some signs to “Evangelische Freizeitstätte” in Dreifelden.